WHO Consultant Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. WHO Zimbabwe looking for “Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Masters degree may apply on or before March 22, 2023.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on March 14, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Scope of work
In alignment with the national mental health strategic plan and under the overall guidance of the WHO Representatve in Zimbabwe, the consultant will work closely with local experts, WHO technical team, ministry of health and other partners in NCDs and mental health to:
- Review the existing National mental health act with the aim of establishing its relevance to current mental health best practices
- Review of public health related legal instruments with the view of determining their relationship with the envisaged mental health act
- Consider existing mental health laws in developing the inception report.
- Undertake consultations with all stakeholders through meetings, workshops and other appropriate fora as agreed, on the relationship between related public health instruments with mental health act
- Develop the principles to the Bill in alignment with international law e.g. conventions and treaties
- draft mental health bill with particular focus on institutional reforms, harmonization, coordination, and mental health governance.
- Perform any other related work as asigned by the WHO technical team
Position in Organization:
- Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): four months
- Job Posting: Mar 7, 2023, 8:09:53 PM
- Closing Date: Mar 22, 2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Organization: AF_ZWE Zimbabwe
- Schedule: Full-time
- A Masters degree in Law, mental health, or related field from a recognized university.
- PhD will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in public law and/or health practice
- Familiar with the health system and community system in Zimbabwe
- Experience working with the corporate world, UN system or other global/international
- The consultant should have proven record of similar assignment with reputable institutions.
Skills and competencies
- Proven knowledge and skills in data collection, literature review etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills including ability to negotiate with national authorities and international partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues at national and international levels.
- Strong ability to execute and manage national health programme.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, SPSS etc.
How to Apply WHO Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: March 22, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.