WHO Consultant Laboratory Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WHO Kenya looking for “Consultant Laboratory”. Applicants with a Undergraduate degree may apply on or before 25 April 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant Laboratory to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Emergency Preparedness Programme Manager, and the technical guidance of the PIP Programme Manager, the incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide on-site and remote technical support and mentoring for influenza and SARS-CoV-2 detection and sequencing to National Influenza Laboratories and other network laboratories in the Region.
- Contribute to peer review article(s) on any influenza related subject;
- Support the preparations for and the reporting from any influenza related meetings e.g. PRET, Module 1 workshops, National Vaccine Deployment Plan workshops and PIP Regional Co-ordination Meeting;
- Support countries on the implementation of influenza/respiratory disease surveillance using the updated national sentinel surveillance protocol;
- Conduct any activities to support capacity building for laboratory detection of pathogens in the context of respiratory viruses;
- An undergraduate degree with a post graduate training in virology, molecular biology or microbiology or a related science from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years’ experience on working in a virology laboratory and be familiar with molecular techniques and cell culture.
- Documented experience with Next generation sequencing (NGS) platform sequencing using Nanopore and/or Illumina platforms including bioinformatic analysis of data generated.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Consultant Laboratory Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs