WHO Consultant Respiratory Disease Surveillance Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WHO Kenya looking for “Consultant Respiratory Disease Surveillance”. Applicants with a Undergraduate degree may apply on or before 24 April 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant Respiratory Disease Surveillance to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Emergency Preparedness Programme Manager, and the technical guidance of the PIP Programme Manager, the incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Support the establishment of integrated influenza/SARS CoV-2 sentinel surveillance in countries;
- Update the National Sentinel Surveillance Protocol to reflect the expansion of GISRS activities and integration of other respiratory viruses into sentinel surveillance;
- Provide support and guidance to countries for the development of National Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Plans in the context of PRET Module 1;
- Contribute to peer review article(s) on any influenza related subject;
- Support the preparations for and the reporting from any influenza related meetings e.g. PRET, Module 1 workshops, National Vaccine Deployment Plan workshops and PIP Regional Co-ordination Meeting;
- An undergraduate degree with a post graduate degree or training in Public Health, Epidemiology or a related science from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in surveillance, preparedness and response of infectious diseases.
- Laboratory experience related to pathogen detection and characterization using molecular methods.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Consultant Respiratory Disease Surveillance Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs