WHO EPR Hub Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WHO Kenya looking for “EPR Hub Coordinator”. Applicants with a Post-graduate degree may apply on or before 05 May 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of EPR Hub Coordinator to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Purpose of the Position: The EPR Hub Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of emergency preparedness and response activities located in the respective sub-regional hub. He/she leads emergency operations for the sub-regional area, providing operational leadership to WHO’s response to emergencies.
Description of Duties:
- Provide strategic advice and expertise on emergency operations to the EPR Technical Coordinator on relations and partnerships with the UN, UN Agencies, Member States, NGOs and other key partners and stakeholders toward enabling and promoting collaborative working agreements and collaborative arrangements to establish a common understanding of health priorities in ongoing emergencies and to ensure the provision of comprehensive technical support, including the convening of time-limited task forces to address specific issues, as necessary.
- Harness and coordinate technical expertise from all areas in EPR, as well as departments and programmes across the three levels of WHO as appropriate to strengthen the implementation of all-hazards emergencies work at the sub-regional level through the provision of networks of experts and technical expertise mechanisms.
- Provide sound and effective leadership, motivation, guidance, management and performance evaluation of EPR Hub staff, including proactively promoting effective teamwork and achievement of results and resolving problems, within the framework of WHO Staff Rules and Regulations, and EPR accepted procedures; and managing the EPR Hub budget within the framework of WHO Staff and Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including representing EPR/AFRO at international and national events and backstopping for others as required.
Post-graduate degree in public health, MBA or MA, complemented by specialized training in leadership and management, or related field.
Doctorate or PhD in any of the above qualifications and/or specialization in epidemiology, emergency and/or humanitarian response
At least 10 years of proven experience in public health in emergency operations and response to epidemic events, outbreaks and other public health emergencies combined with leadership and managerial experience, with at least five years’ experience in coordinating large scale public health projects in developing countries, with knowledge of inter-agency mechanisms in the area of international preparedness for and response to health emergencies
Experience in WHO and/or the UN System in the areas of outbreak response and/or humanitarian interventions; field experience in public health programmes or emergency response programmes in developing countries
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO EPR Hub Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs