World Bank Associate Investment Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. World Bank Kenya looking for “Associate Investment Officer”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 02 May 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Investment Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: IFC is looking to recruit an Associate Investment Officer for its Africa Infrastructure department. The hiring group is responsible for sourcing, executing, and supervising investment transactions in the energy, transport, telecoms, and municipal & environmental infrastructure sectors in Southern Africa and East Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- The Associate Investment Officer will identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects predominantly in Southern African and East Africa.
- Business Development: Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge; synthesize information into internal reports for decision-making purposes.
- Structuring and Negotiation: Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new debt and equity transactions, portfolio restructurings, capital increases, equity sales, etc. Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions.
- Coordination with WBG: Support World Bank and MIGA colleagues on sector reform and unblocking constraints to attracting private sector capital.
- Mentoring and coaching: mentor and coach less-experienced colleagues to help build talent and grow the skill base of staff.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in finance or similar relevant education.
- 6+ years of experience with a development finance institution, a commercial bank, an international financial institution, or a private equity firm with tasks related to private sector financing.
- Proven track record of sourcing, structuring, and closing private investment projects in infrastructure sectors, ideally including investments in Africa.
- Strong business development and client relationship skills demonstrated by track record; sound business judgment in screening and identifying leads.
- Deep industry and market knowledge of at least one infrastructure sector (energy, transport, telecoms, or municipal & environmental infrastructure); telecoms experience is a plus; understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by countries within the region.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank Associate Investment Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs