World Bank Transport Specialist Jobs 2024 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
World Bank Nigeria looking for “Transport Specialist”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 05 February 2024.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 January 2024 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Transport Specialist to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2024
- Help the Task Team Leaders in providing support to the implementation of ongoing operations, including Rural Access and Agriculture Marketing Project (RAAMP) and Imo Rural Access and Mobility Project (Imo RAMP).
- Contribute to the preparation and supervision of transport projects covering the core elements of planning, design, procurement, construction, contract management, maintenance, and operations, while paying close attention to issues concerning environmental and social safeguards, gender dimensions, and opportunities for expanding the incorporation of the private sector in the financing and/or provision of transport infrastructure and services.
- Contribute to selected analytical studies (ASA activities) or Trust Funds, particularly on issues related to climate resilience and decarbonization in transport and the institutional strengthening for the management and delivery of climate-resilient solutions in the transport sector.
- Stay abreast of recent developments in the transport sector world-wide, in relation to the topics of specialization for this position (rural roads, procurement and construction management).
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant graduate level education and experience, in Civil Engineering, Transport engineering or economics, Urban/ Rural Planning, Construction Project management or environmental engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of proven project management experience in the transport or civil engineering sectors, with demonstrated ability to work in at least three of the following: 1) road sector including rural mobility; 2) private sector participation in the delivery of transport services, 3) urban mobility/ planning 3) Supervision of complex civil works projects 4) Procurement of large and complex civil works projects and 5) Thorough understanding of the Environmental and Social Safeguards implementation in civil works projects . A good working knowledge about the options to take advantage of new technologies and digital tools into the transport sector initiatives and operations will be a plus.
- Experience in working with cross-sectoral teams, including teams for safeguards and fiduciary aspects, and knowledge of key cross-cutting issues including environmental and social impacts, gender equality, road safety, climate change, and the interplay with digital technologies for enhance transport sector performance.
- Experience in working in FCV context will be a plus.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank Transport Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.