WRI Great Rift Valley Landscape Restoration Manager Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WRI Kenya looking for “Great Rift Valley Landscape Restoration Manager”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 21 June 2023.
The World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. WRI’s activities are focused on seven areas: food, forests, water, energy, cities, climate and ocean.
The WRI has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Great Rift Valley Landscape Restoration Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WRI Job Vacancy 2023
Job Highlight: We are looking for a landscape leader, who can manage team dynamics and inspire the team to deliver on a shared landscape goal. The position requires a technically competent landscape restoration expert, who can steer diverse experts (policy, finance, capacity development, monitoring communications, etc.) to achieve a shared goal of landscape restoration.
What will you do:
- You will mobilize and lead local restoration partnerships, including local champions (CBOs, SMEs, registered women and youth groups), local governments, development partners, technical partners, etc. in the effective partners for WRI in the restoration agenda
- You will provide internal coordination of WRI’s teams including those working on monitoring, capacity building, finance, communications, and policy as well as WRI partners such as One Tree Planted, Realize Impact, and One Acre Fund to deliver on the goal of restored landscapes
- You will supervise staff operating in the landscape including portfolio specialists, monitoring analysts, communications officers, capacity-building specialists, etc. to ensure effective delivery of programs and projects
- Working closely with program leads, you will coordinate key stakeholder engagements in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley around WRI’s current Restoration programs in Africa, e.g., the Land Accelerator Africa, TerraFund for AFR100, Restoration Policy Accelerator, Landscape Monitoring Accelerator and other Capacity building programs
- You will support the customization of WRI’s Restoration programs and tools, e.g., the Land Accelerator Africa, TerraFund for AFR100, Restoration Policy Accelerator, Landscape Monitoring Accelerator and other Capacity building programs, to fit the Kenya’s Great Rift Valley context
- A completed Master’s degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, forestry, agriculture, rural development, geography, or similar field
- You have 7+ years’ of work experience at the landscape/field level managing projects and teams in natural resource management, forestry, agriculture, environmental management, or related fields
- Solid experience in facilitating partnerships and collaboration at the sub-national level across government, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community-based organizations, among other stakeholders
- Understanding of policies and regulations on restoration and natural resource management in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley or similar ecosystems
- Experience in environmental research with forest and landscape restoration topics
- Willingness to live, work and travel to remote areas
- Good analytical skills both qualitative and quantitative desirable
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WRI Great Rift Valley Landscape Restoration Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.