WWF Social and Gender Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WWF Uganda looking for “Social and Gender Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 20, 2023.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 that works in the field of wilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
The WWF has published a job vacancy announcement on June 12, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Social and Gender Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
WWF Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide adequate GESI risk assessment information, and support integrated programming and mainstreaming of GESI responsive actions in the project
- Facilitate gender integration in the day-to-day CAPA project activities.
- Provide support to all project activities related to gender mainstreaming, with particular emphasis on helping relevant staff and partners to analyze program implications for men and women in the target communities and suggest ways to address issues.
- Work with the Project Manager and ESSF Officer to ensure that the gender checklists and social safeguard screening tools are used, and revise the gender sensitive indicators for improved mainstreaming
- Conduct capacity needs assessments for project partners and other stakeholders and organize all training logistics with the support of project manager and other WWF Uganda relevant departments
- Design and implement trainings for community structures on gender related topics and mainstream, including but not limited to gender awareness and integration, human rights program management, gender inclusiveness toward more efficient and effective organizational operation
- Provide support, training and technical assistance to the partners on gender and related topics
- Identify and build the capacity of community-based groups/committees to provide community-based support on gender transformative models
- Prepare progress reports on gender and social aspects and provide input in technical progress reports to IISD and GAC
- Shall be the ESSF focal point in the 2 WWF sub-landscapes that constitute the GVL in Uganda i.e BMCA and Greater Rwenzori
- Prepare and share human interest stories and case studies related to project impact
- Participate in gender-related events (meeting, workshops, conferences) and network within other project locations in and outside Uganda
- Engage in working groups, task forces and other technical committees for the adequate implementation of GESI in CAPA implementation
Position in Organization:
- Position: Social and Gender Officer
- Type of Contract – Fixed term
- Location: – Kasese, with frequent travel in the GVL
- Reporting: Project Manager
- Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Counseling and/or Psychology or any other related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a reputable organization in social safeguards, gender programming or related interventions; experience working on Nature-Based Climate Solutions (NBCS) for adaptation projects
- Clear understanding of gender, power relations, and issues surrounding women empowerment, youth and community empowerment
- Familiarity with social screening tools and mitigation planning frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to undertake baselines, key informant interviews and social impact monitoring
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, softwares and team working platforms such as MS Teams, SharePoint, Zoom, Google Docs etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Fluency in English and at least one other major language spoken in the GVL (e.g. Runyakitara)
Required Skills and Competencies
- A team player with strong inter-personal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Strong ability to establish prioritize, work within tight timelines and multi-task. Able to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience and strong oral and written communication skills in English. Identifies and aligns with the core values of WWF: Courage, Integrity, Respect &
How to Apply WWF Social and Gender Officer Jobs 2023
Email an application cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three (3) referees plus copies of academic qualifications (sent as one PDF document) clearly indicating “Social and Gender Officer, CAPA Initiative” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday June 20th, 2023
View More Jobs
- WWF Project Manager Jobs 2023
- WWF Drivers Jobs 2023
- IDI District HIV prevention and Key Population Program Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Climate Resilient Cocoa Value Chain Development Advisor Jobs 2023
- UNDP Strategic Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Consultant Jobs 2023
- RSCE Associate Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- SRHR Alliance Country Director Jobs 2023