CIFF Analyst Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. CIFF Ethiopia looking for “Analyst“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 12th May 2023.
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation was established in 2002 by Chris Hohn and Jamie Cooper. The co-founders set out to improve the lives of children living in poverty in developing countries through strategies that have lasting impact. With a rigorous business-like approach to philanthropic funding, the foundation was focused on clear returns for children from the outset. The emphasis on data to measure impact has been widely adopted by other development funders.
The CIFF has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Analyst to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
CIFF Job Vacancy 2023
- Prior to approval of a programme proposal, assist the team in preparing aspects of the programme strategy and evidence base, working with wider teams and in country experts.
- Conduct and support insightful research and analysis on specific projects and climate sector trends – including but not limited to adaptation strategies, land use and food systems; access to clean energy, climate resilience; adaptation; and climate finance – to assist the Africa Climate Team to determine strategic priorities and setting operational plans.
- Provide global, regional, national and sectoral insights, and communicate them verbally and in writing to a variety of senior stakeholders, and to contribute to the strategy and planning process.
- Annually support the team in providing input for Business Planning, preparation of budgets, and additional support by working across several teams.
- Lead the end-to-end oversight and administration of the management process of the grants assigned (from concept formation, proposal development, approval process through to final payment) suggesting improvements where appropriate, enable the Africa Climate team to deliver and monitor its philanthropic activity efficiently and effectively and ensuring impact.
- Lead the preparation and dissemination of regular and ad hoc reporting on sector/portfolio/programme performance, to ensure colleagues and partners (as required) have access to accurate and relevant management information.
- Work closely with members of the Finance and Legal team for the development of grant agreements, forecasting of grant payments, to enable effective grant management and reporting within the organisation.
- Act as ‘Super-User’ for CIFF’s online grants management system for the team, ensuring they are deployed appropriately to optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of grant management.
- Support the preparation of summary reports, board reports and portfolio investment reports, to ensure these are produced to a high standard and in a timely fashion – which can often mean to high quality in very short timeframes.
- Sector knowledge and profile-building
- Build and maintain a range of relevant sectoral knowledge and information resources to enable the Climate team to access high quality intelligence, analysis and data to inform current and future programme activity – always seeking to add value and join the dots.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners across multiple locations and geographies to conduct research projects to inform the Africa Climate team’s grant making activities and support global strategic partnerships.
- Maintain good and productive relationships with our partners and grantees, which can include dealing with senior experts from around the world.
- Build the climate teams capabilities to make broader changes by building and maintaining a network of individuals and organisations both current and new that can drive bigger changes.
- Organise and manage cross departmental workshops and brainstorm sessions, taking meeting minutes, circulating briefing papers, and strengthening knowledge management for the team.
- Coordinate logistics for CIFF programme visits and ensure that visitors/consultants/partners are adequately briefed.
Position in Organization:
- Location: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
- Deadline: 12th May 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree.
- Minimum Three Years Experience.
How to Apply CIFF Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/ciff/j/C43ABB7D9E/
The Closing Date: 12th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.