UNDP Building Maintenance Assistant Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
UNDP South Africa looking for “Building Maintenance Assistant”.
Applicants with a High School may apply on or before 20th December 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Building Maintenance Assistant to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services;
- Install light bulbs, doors, cabinets, paneling, carpet, and bulletin boards;
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors;
- Paint interior and exterior walls and cabinets if needed; mount wall pictures; assemble furniture;
- Replace washers, faucets and seals on malfunctioning plumbing equipment; repair leaky faucets and clean clogged drains; install and repair sprinklers;
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled;
- Carry cell phone as required for on-call maintenance;
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned;
- Responsible for alerting the Common Services Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur;
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees;
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with the organizations guidelines;
- Ensure compliance of all work-related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner;
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the contractors guidelines;
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned;
- Work within expense limits established;
- Maintain monthly inspection and maintenance of building and AC roof motors and fans and replace as needed; clean, grease and paint all equipment used in heating and ventilation.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined;
- High School
- Minimum 5 years of experience (Grade 10 High School Education) or 3 years’ experience (Grade 12 High school education) of general building maintenance and repairs is required.
- High school education/Diploma with relevant certifications in hardware is an added advantage.
- Job Identification: 14644
- Grade: NPSA-1
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Building Maintenance Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 20th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.