CIFOR News Editor – Content Manager Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIFOR Kenya looking for “News Editor – Content Manager”. Applicants with a Undergraduate degree may apply on or before 15 April 2023.
CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
CIFOR News Editor – Content Manager Jobs 2023
The CIFOR has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of News Editor – Content Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CIFOR Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The News Editor/Content Manager will oversee the day-to-day running of CIFOR-ICRAF’s news sites and develop content for the organisation’s digital channels and direct the production of multimedia content. From reporting, researching and writing, to commissioning, copy-editing, content packaging and disseminating, this role will oversee a range of materials including news stories, feature articles, op-eds, speeches, fact sheets, briefs and infographics, and will be used to raise awareness about global issues that CIFOR-ICRAF research addresses, as well as the organisation’s activities and will be used to promote the organisation’s work.
- Manage all facets of day-to-day publication, including but not limited to building a content calendar, commissioning articles and liaising with writers, scientists and stakeholders
- Interview, research and write engaging, scientifically accurate content, including blogs, briefs, press releases, news items and leaflets
- Develop content for CIFOR-ICRAF websites
- Assist with newsletter production
- Source photos, fact-check content and copy edit
- Recruit and cultivate a roster of talented, diverse writers
Qualification & Experience:
- The ideal candidate would have an undergraduate degree in journalism or a related field, a master’s in a subject other than communication (or a combination thereof) and at least five years of print journalism experience
- Fluency in English (flawless idiomatic written English). Other major languages, especially French and Spanish, an asset
- Experience in working for a research organisation or within the development sector is desirable
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIFOR News Editor – Content Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs