CIFOR Vegetable Business Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIFOR Kenya looking for “Vegetable Business Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s or master’s degree may apply on or before 22 March 2023.
CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
The CIFOR has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Vegetable Business Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CIFOR Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop feasibility studies and business plans for the establishment and operation of pilot vegetable aggregation centers in 3 different counties in Kenya, based on the concept note that has been developed by V4P&P.
- Quantify project revenue streams based on sale of produce, logistics, business development services, storage, value addition, member fees, and other fees. Develop a cost structure for the aggregation centers.
- Liaise with the anticipated clients of the aggregation centers, such as vegetable producers, agro-input providers, service providers, transporters, traders, and buyers, derived from existing vegetable business networks (VBNs) in the project.
- In liaison with the project communication officer, media, other stakeholders, and field days, promote the values of the aggregation centers and its products among consumers and the wider community.
- Promote accountability, transparency, and good leadership.
- Monitor and document the operation of aggregation centers for the purpose of learning, sharing lessons with stakeholders, and reporting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness, or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in agricultural value chains, facilitating upstream and downstream linkages.
- Proven experience in building capacity of agricultural enterprises.
- Proven experience in liaising with public-, and private partners, and linking smallholder farmers to markets, particularly for perishable products.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIFOR Vegetable Business Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.