FAO Operations and Programming Specialist Jobs 2024 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
FAO Zambia looking for ” Operations and Programming Specialist “.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 07th February, 2024.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January, 2024 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations and Programming Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2024
Tasks ana Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Operations and Programming Specialist will undertake the following tasks on the project;
- Serve as a focal point for all project operational matters, organize and handle the day-to-day operational activities of the project.
- Take the lead in organizing project planning and technical meetings, and provide secretariat support.
- Ensure the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and in liaison with other support units.
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases; verify accuracy of data documents.
- Support the streamlining of procedures and practices and the introduction of new information technologies to the office/project.
- Participate in the preparation of project work plans, look out for inefficiencies and identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Support and facilitate the organisation of workshops and conferences related to the project.
- Review and monitor the project budget, prepare requests and revisions as required, maintain and monitor budget expenditures and resources, review project transaction listings with a view to identify errors in accounting against budget lines.
- Work closely with the M&E specialist in monitoring the implementation of Letters of Agreement and confirming the quality of submitted reports, as well as assisting in certifying the compliance for subsequent disbursements of instalments.
- Contribute to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposals for agenda topics, identifying meeting participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Provide input to the Project Implementation Reports and any other reports required by the organization or donor.
- Ensure the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g., GRMS, FPMIS), for the SoilFER project.
- Prepare analytical reports on project performances as required.
- Coordinate action concerning the completion of the project and arrange for timely and adequate reporting, including identification of project follow-up requirements.
- Facilitate compilation of data and information from different project components for development of comprehensive project reports. This includes participation and contribution to the project knowledge management activities.
- Produce internal reports according to FAO cooperate requirements.
- Prepare project updates and situational reports as required by FAO HQ and Regional and Sub-Regional Offices
- Carry out other specific operational tasks for programme/project implementation in the Representation.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Operations and Programming Specialist
- Job Posting: 23/Jan/2024
- Closure Date: 07/Feb/2024, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZAM – FAO Representation in Zambia Job Field Category: A
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zambia-Lusaka
- Duration: 12 months [with possibility of ext.]
- Post Number: N/A
- University Degree in Project Management, Development Studies, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, or any related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in project operational planning, programming, as well as providing administrative and operational support to projects.
- Working knowledge of English and the official language of the country.
How to Apply FAO Operations and Programming Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 07th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- UNICEF Wash Specialist Jobs 2024
- SNV Contracting and Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Program Development Manager Jobs 2024
- ACDIVOCA Gender Youth and Social Inclusion Lead Jobs 2024
- ACDIVOCA Market Systems Team Lead Jobs 2024
- ACDIVOCA Food Production Team Lead Jobs 2024
- ACDIVOCA Chief of Party Jobs 2024