FAO Project Assistant Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
FAO Zambia looking for “Project Assistant”.
Applicants with a Diploma may apply on or before 26th December, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Project Assistant Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th December, 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Project Assistant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant – Graphic design, infographics, photography, social media) will support implementation of the SIFAZ communication and visibility strategy. Specifically, the incumbents will undertake the following activities:
- Support graphic designing, infographics production, photography, social media content development for the project communication and visibility materials. This will also include branding of electronic and print media content produced under the project.
- Support timely and up-to-date compilation of information on the project progress and results into communication and visibility products. This will include supporting compiling, organizing, analysing, and preparing data for ad hoc reports, fact sheets, resource partner reports, briefing notes, and other reporting and communication products as per the program communication and visibility strategy.
- Support resource and implementing partner relations by contributing to the production of various communication products and accompanying partners during the field visits in coordination with other program colleagues.
- Support proactive identification of media opportunities and, in close liaison with program resource and implementation partners, support planning and implementation of media events including press releases, report launches and press conferences. This includes management of social media channels to publicize and highlight purpose, progress, and results of the project.
- Support the FAO communication and visibility team in production of monthly situation reports, concept notes to resource partners and updates related to food security and agriculture situation in the country. This includes ensuring that SIFAZ achievements and lessons learnt are integrated in the overall FAO situations and concept notes.
- Support the improvement of information and knowledge management systems in the program by ensuring adequate and frequent updates, access and standardization of program information and agricultural situation analysis in the country. This includes undertaking field visits to gather information on activities and results related to the program and ensuring that all data from the field is captured, documented, and reported in a timely manner for resource partner and internal purposes.
- Support travel arrangements for communication and visibility implementing partners to any of the communication and visibility events under the project; preparation of travel requests, travel expense claims, payment requests, and other travel-related documents and processes.
- Ensure that all products to be disseminated via the FAO document repository are timely processed through the corporate Publications Workflow System (PWS), from their planning to production and dissemination.
- Liaison with the Office of Communication (OCC) will be maintained, either directly or through an agreed focal point/coordinator, to ensure compliance with OCC standards, appropriate review and clearance processes.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 11/Dec/2023
- Closure Date: 26/Dec/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZAM – FAO Representation in Zambia
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zambia-Lusaka
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Technical diploma in communications – graphic design, infographics, photography, etc. or any other relevant qualification related to the FAO mandate.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in graphic design, infographics, photography, and social media management.
- Working knowledge of English and possession of relevant computer/word-processing skills.
How to Apply FAO Project Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303767
The Closing Date: 26th December, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Human Resources Analyst Jobs 2023
- WFP Head of Partnerships Communications and Reports Jobs 2023
- WorldFish Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition) Jobs 2024
- IWMI Senior Project Manager Jobs 2024
- ILO Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
- CRS SARO Regional Finance Manager Jobs 2023