FHI 360 South Africa looking for “Senior Pharmacovigilance Associate”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 23rd January 2024.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 operates in more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization manages projects relating to family planning and reproductive health. In 1986 the organization began a worldwide response to HIV/AIDS.
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Pharmacovigilance Associate to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2024
Summary of The Position: The Senior Pharmacovigilance Associate (sPVA) I, works under minimal supervision, and is responsible for the pharmacovigilance activities on project-level in accordance with applicable guidelines, regulations, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and is overseen and supported by the designated project Research Physician. The sPVA also functions in a supportive role to the Pharmacovigilance Manager and Associate Director, Pharmacovigilance or designee/s across the spectrum of departmental activities, performing diversified functions as required, in accordance with qualification competence. The purpose of the SPVA on departmental level is to provide training to and mentoring of PV Associates. The overall objective is to ensure that the Pharmacovigilance Department of FHI Clinical functions optimally and effectively to foster good quality safety data and safety surveillance per project in compliance with ICH Good Clinical Practices (GCP), SA GCP and local legal requirements, European, FDA and other international guidelines, as well as FHI Clinical (or sponsor, if applicable) SOPs.
- Bachelors or higher graduate degree. A degree in a medical/science-related field is preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of diplomas, certifications, or relevant work experience is required.
- Licensed or certified health care training will be beneficial.
Preferred Job-related Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a PVA or in a clinical research setting is preferred.
- Broad experience as a PVA performing services on complex studies is preferred.
- A track record of excellence in terms of quality and delivery is preferred.
- A reputation of sustained performance and accomplishment is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.).
- Experience with an EDC or CTMS is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in at least one safety database in front-end use and trial-specific configuration.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of theory and practice of safety monitoring.
- Ability to compile concise high-quality safety manuals and procedural documents.
- Ability to assess knowledge gaps in peers and to find appropriate opportunities to enable colleagues to gain the required experience.
- Able to determine the most appropriate methods and procedures when given a new assignment and able to take a leadership role in implementing the safety monitoring aspects of a clinical trial.
- Able to review reports, regulatory documents and other trial-related documentation to ensure documents meet required standards
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FHI 360 Senior Pharmacovigilance Associate Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unjobnet.org/jobs………
The Closing Date: 23rd January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.