Health Access Connect Field Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Health Access Connect Uganda looking for “Field Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 26, 2023.
Kevin Gibbons and Carolyne Ariokot started Health Access Connect based on the need for antiretroviral therapy (ART) and other health services that they witnessed in fishing villages on Lake Victoria. Many people fail to get healthcare because it’s too expensive and difficult to travel to the nearest facilities. HAC established the Medicycles program to bring healthcare workers and their medicines to the remote areas on a monthly basis.
The Health Access Connect has published a job vacancy announcement on March 18, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Field Officer to be based in Lyantonde, Rakai & Kyotera, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Health Access Connect|
|Location||Lyantonde, Rakai & Kyotera, Uganda|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||March 26, 2023|
Health Access Connect Job Vacancy 2023
The Field Officer will:
- Ensure regular continuity of Outreach sites in Lyantonde, Rakai, and Kyotera
- Make and maintain contacts with health workers, district health officials, and district officials.
- Make and maintain contacts with leaders of targeted villages, VHTs and community groups within those villages.
- Conduct meetings to explain the project and prepare community groups to mobilize and organize mobile clinics/outreaches.
- Organize village meetings with health workers when health workers and community groups when and where need arises .
- Report on conditions on the ground to the Coordinator and other relevant staff members.
- Attend meetings, field work or trainings as and when requested by the Employer.
- Submit field reports and weekly plans, including advance requests, at least 48 hours in advance of when response and transport allowance are required. Allowances for future activities cannot be given unless the field reports have been submitted for completed activities.
- Assist Field Coordinator in compiling monthly reports.
- Support data collection from health Facilities and field sites routinely and on special request .
- Keep in close communication with the Field Coordinator about what is happening in the Field.
- Take photographs of HAC work when possible, Collect feedback surveys and testimonials and submit them to responsible departmental heads.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Field Officer, Lyantonde, Rakai & Kyotera
- Location: Lyantonde, Rakai, & Kyotera, with regular travel to villages in nearby districts
- Application Deadline: 26 March 2023
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Social Sciences related field.
- Strong writing skills in English
- Verbal proficiency in Runyankore and Luganda
- Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word and email and some experience using Excel
- Valid Motorcycle Riding License
- Experience working in the public health sector, community engagements and mobilisation.
- Experience using Google Drive products and project management software
- Experience or willingness to travel and work in remote, rural locations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Self-driven and able to work in new, unstructured environments
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail
How to Apply Health Access Connect Field Officer Jobs 2023
Visit the Field Officer Job Application where you can answer a few questions, provide references, and submit a cover letter and CV by 26th March 2023.