IFC South Africa looking for “Operations Analyst”.
Applicants with a Undergraduate degree may apply on or before 02nd February 2024.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Analyst to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Country and Regional Management team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program. S/he must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Help support pipeline development across all industry groups by providing industry contextual data, company analysis, comparator analysis, industry research etc.
- Serve as the ‘go-to’ person for data/research and all operational/resource support work for the region as directed by the Regional Management team.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency and update/maintain the information in database regularly.
- Prepare documents and reports to present information to a variety of audiences including: country strategy submissions, sections of World Bank Country Partnership Framework documents, inputs into business plans, work program agreements. Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with strategy documents. Provide research/analytical support to work products produced and on assignments that may arise as directed by the Regional Director.
- Under the guidance of the Regional Director, advise project teams on the country’s context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, pipe-line and portfolio.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff.
- Provide support to the country team on IFC joint efforts with the WB and other development partners.
- Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Must have good network of contacts, both with government stakeholders and business community at large.
- Provide support for selected visiting missions.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business or similar, Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries. High on energy with strong professionalism/ maintaining confidentiality and using discretion when required.
- Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage.
- Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
- Strong written and communication skills in English.
- Job #: req25870
- Organization: IFC
- Sector: Operations
- Grade: GE
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFC Operations Analyst Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/career………
The Closing Date: 02nd February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.