IFDC Grants and Contracts Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IFDC Ethiopia looking for “Grants and Contracts Manager“. Applicants with a degree in First Degree may apply on or before 21st April 2023.
IFDC is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
The IFDC has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Grants and Contracts Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IFDC Job Vacancy 2023
- Update the subgrant manual for 2SCALE 2019-24 and all its annexes (in both English and French) whenever needed. Ensure its application by the 2SCALE team in all focus countries.
- Design and update clear flowcharts for the elaboration of partnership agreements, MoUs, contractual agreements, subgrants, and service contracts in 2SCALE, taking into account the specificities of host offices (managed either by IFDC or by SNV).
- Support 2SCALE technical staff in finalizing partnership agreements, MoUs, contractual agreements, subgrants, and service contracts. Give specific attention to legal clauses, consistency of the document (including annexes), formatting, budget, and payment aspects.
- Update the system to monitor key deliverables (e.g. governance meetings and filing of minutes; annual financial statement; private sector contribution, etc.) agreed upon in the partnership agreements as well as in MoUs/ contractual agreements and service contracts related to all active partnerships. Anticipate reminders to partnership facilitators and country team leaders.
- Conduct and document the due diligence of potential new BSSs identified for specific partnership-related services, as per the partnership agreements or related action plans. Document the selection of consultancy organizations for service contracts.
- Review action plans (or terms of reference, depending on the assignment) and budgets proposed under subgrants and service contracts. Whenever needed, assist in revising or finalizing them.
- Submit partnership agreements, MoUs, contractual agreements, subgrants, and service contracts for approval and monitor the contract-making process until the document is fully executed.
- File each fully executed document and related payment documentation, through 2SCALE’s agreed-upon filing system.
- Using the 2SCALE subgrant/ service contract tracker, monitor schedules for installment disbursements, alert field teams about deadlines, and make disbursement projections for the following month.
- Identify and prioritize needs and gaps of BSSs in financial, management, and governance systems, including operational policies and manuals.
- Develop an efficient (replicable) approach to guide and train BSSs in the management of the subgrants.
- In close collaboration and consultation with 2SCALE country teams, visit the selected organizations that are implementing activities through 2SCALE subgrants. Monitor BSSs to assess performance, attainment of targets, adherence to contractual obligations stated in subgrants, and quality of interventions.
- Write and submit quality progress reports and notes with strict respect for deadlines.
- Prepare monthly contract recaps and projections, for all focus countries.
- Propose improvements to systems to develop and monitor contracts.
Position in Organization:
- Grants & Contracts Manager
- Current Job Openings
- Full Time
- Full Time Africa
- Location: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
- ID: 20121020
Qualification & Experience:
- First degree on relevant field of expertise with 10 years of Previous experience on grant management, contract facilitation and related or second degree (master’s level) and 8 years of experience.
- Experience in managing teams supporting crosscutting and diverse team of background
- Previous Management level experience in grant management in agribusiness programs
- Experienced in working and managing in multi country and multi-cultural settings.
How to Apply IFDC Grants and Contracts Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ifdc.org/about-us/careers/
The Closing Date: 21st April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.