WFP South Africa looking for “Head of Governmental Services”.
Applicants with a Advanced University degree may apply on or before 15th January 2024.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Head of Governmental Services to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
WFP Job Vacancy 2024
The Role and Organizational Context: The African Risk Capacity (ARC) is a Specialized Agency of the African Union (AU), designed to improve current responses to drought food security emergencies. The aim of ARC is to improve the timeliness of responses and build capacity within AU member states to manage drought risks by directly linking funds to defined contingency plans. ARC is an African, continental index-based weather risk insurance pool and early response mechanism, which offers an African solution to one of the continent’s most pressing challenges. By bringing together the concepts of insurance and contingency planning, ARC aims to create a new way of managing weather risk by transferring the burden away from African governments, and their vulnerable populations who depend on government assistance, to international markets that can handle the risk much better, as well as incentivizing governments to plan for and implement best-practice response mechanisms for food security emergencies in a timely manner. Drought events do not usually happen in the same year all across the continent and because of this pan-African solidarity in the creation of an insurance pool like ARC is financially efficient. ARC’s mission is to serve African governments and their communities in reducing the financial impact of natural catastrophes by providing immediate liquidity through the provision of insurance through the ARC Ltd.
- Education: Advanced University degree (or Master’s equivalent) from an accredited academic institution in International Development, Development, Economics, Rural Development, Business Administration, or any other related field to international development assistance.
- Experience: At least eight (8) years’ progressively responsible professional experience, preferably both in the field and Headquarters, in public sector management, financial risk management, development projects, emergency assistance, or in any other related field.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in the English and French languages is required. Including the ability to write clear and concise briefing papers and external communication, strategic operational documents, etc. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in another official language (Arabic or Portuguese) is highly appreciated.
- Requisition ID: 830645
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Head of Governmental Services Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career………
The Closing Date: 15th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.