ILO National Project Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. ILO Kenya looking for “National Project Coordinator”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 13 June 2023.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 31 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of National Project Coordinator to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
ILO Job Vacancy 2023
Reporting Lines: Under the overall responsibility of the Director of the ILO Country Office for the United Republic of Tanzania, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda, the incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) of the Project based in the ILO Regional Office in Abidjan.
Description of Duties:
- Lead the timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Kenya component of the Project through management functions, including provision of technical and administrative supervision to the Project team in line with the ILO policy, rules and regulations and according to the final project document and work plan.
- Collaborate effectively with Human Resources, participate in the recruitment process as required and provide effective performance management for national project staff under their supervision.
- Under the supervision of the CTA, develop and present for approval of sub-contracts by the Director of the Office, monitor the performance of sub-contractors and ensure timely implementation of sub-contracts.
- Identify problems, propose solutions and action and follow-up with relevant departments at headquarters and regional office, executing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Provide or ensure access to legal and policy advice to the government and the social partners on issues related to the effective implementation of the fundamental principles and rights at work, with a particular emphasis on child labour.
- First level university degree in economics, social sciences, or related field and strong knowledge on development issues particularly in Kenya.
- At least three years of experience in project management, supervision, administration and implementation of grant/cooperative agreement requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to the project donor).
- Work experience in the field of labor law and/or human rights or a relevant field at national level.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ILO National Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.