ILRI Accountant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. ILRI Ethiopia looking for “Accountant“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 7th June 2023.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works for better lives through livestock in developing countries. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, has 14 offices across Asia and Africa, employs some 700 staff and has an annual operating budget of about USD80 million.
The ILRI has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Accountant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ILRI Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records Fixed Asset acquisitions, dispositions and calculates depreciation in the accounting system. Also, tracks the compilation of Fixed Asset project costs into FA Accounts;
- Monitors accounting records, ensures compliance with laws, policies and procedures for recording and controlling financial transactions;
- Conducts periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets and stock items;
- Performs internal control tests on accounts to ensure compliance and preparation for audits;
- Computes, prepares and files a variety of financial and statistical reports for management;
- Reviews and coordinates corrections for inconsistencies in the records, thus the financial information is reliable for making the financial statements;
- Analyses General Ledger account balances. Organizes information for internal and external audits;
- Recommends to management any updates to accounting policies;
- Assists Corporate Controller in the production of financial statement;
- Prepares and upload NRS payroll, ICT, office space, register payments processed through ILRI and admin charges;
- Compiles and requests funds from CIP HQ to implement projects;
- Checks appropriateness of payment supporting documents; checks the availability of funds before effective payment;
- Ensures that all financial and contractual documentation is valid, complete and in accordance with the CIP, donor, government & ILRI rules & regulations;
- Reconciles monthly ILRI reports, ensure completeness of supporting documents for payments processed through ILRI;
- Records the daily transactions in the financial registers of all projects;
- Ensures the full recording and follow up of transactions in USD and Local Currency;
- Ensures uploading of all finance documents scanned and shared;
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Position in Organization:
- Accountant – Internal/External
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- International Potato Centre (CIP)
- Deadline: 7th June 2023
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five years of professional experience in accounting preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in using accounting software or ERP system.
How to Apply ILRI Accountant Jobs 2023
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Then to apply, go to https://www.ilri.org/join-us/jobs-careers?jid=49124-accountant-internal-external
- The Closing Date: 7th June 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.