IOM South Africa looking for “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 26th December 2023.
The International Organization for Migration is an intergovernmental organization that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers. In September 2016, IOM became a related organization of the United Nations.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Master’s degree in a social science field such as: Monitoring and Evaluation; Project Planning and Management; Development Studies; International Development or Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration, International Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and reporting methods, concepts and styles acquired in organizations similar to IOM such as UN or INGOs.
- Experience developing and rolling out M&E systems and tools for a large project (preferably a multi-country project).
- Experience in project development and capacity-building activities.
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions.
- Familiarity with mechanisms for financial expenditure and risk monitoring in projects.
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues in the country and in the Region.
- Experience in organizing consultations, workshops, and seminars with high level stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming and institutional requirements especially related to US Government grants is desirable.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Research and data management skills.
- High degree of judgment and initiative, ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; and,
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of an official UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro………
The Closing Date: 26th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.