IRC Medical Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IRC Uganda looking for “Medical Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before April 26, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on April 13, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Medical Officer to be based in Yumbe, Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- S/He shall provide a comprehensive evaluation and delivery of health services to clients/patients according to ministry of health guidelines and protocols and the WHO public health strategy.
- S/He coordinate integrated service delivery at the Health facilities that includes, but not limited to maternal child health, non-communicable diseases, nutrition, HIV care and reproductive health services.
- S/He shall conduct daily ward rounds for the patients in the in-patient wards and attend to all medical and surgical emergencies while on duty.
- S/He shall ensure consistent and timely collection, utilization and reporting facility-based health data.
- S/He shall ensure adequate health team coverage of the clinics and rational prescription and use of medicines and supplies.
- S/He shall monitor availability of medical drugs supplies and promptly alerts the Health Manager on short falls and needs for re-stocking of supplies.
- S/He shall coordinate clinical audits, patient chart reviews and mortality audits as part of continuous learning and improvement of the delivery of health services.
- S/He shall Identify training needs and provide just-in-time training and mentorship for the multi-disciplinary health care teams.
- S/He shall promptly evaluate patients for referral and follow up to ensure that services are accessed at the points of referral.
- S/He shall actively participate in education talks that inform the community to adopt health promoting behaviors.
- S/He shall represent the IRC in meetings/workshop to maintain effective and cordial relationships with District Health authorities and other district officials, community leaders and other NGOs.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in medicines and surgery from a reputable medical training school, with at least two year experience in humanitarian programing. Must be registered with the professional body and have valid practicing license.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of human rights and issues relating to gender equality
- Strong written and verbal communication ability in English
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships with new Communities.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in regular report writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Requisition ID: req41217
- Job Title: Medical Officer
- Sector: Health
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Yumbe, Uganda
How to Apply IRC Medical Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/41217?c=rescue
The Closing Date: April 26, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.