IRC Project Director Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Project Director”. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 30 March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Director to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview: Reporting to the Director, Humanitarian Action, the Project Director will embed with a partner to implement humanitarian programming in remote areas of East Africa. The Project Director will resource, design and drive forward the delivery of high-quality humanitarian aid programming serving crisis affected communities. They will ensure excellent donor and partner relations, first-class leadership and support to the delivery team and frequent field visits for oversight and coordination.
- Lead programming by maintaining open and professional relations with colleagues, promoting a strong team spirit and providing mentorship, oversight and resources to enable staff to perform successfully.
- Develop and carry out strategies that result in strong representation with: government ministries and/or non-state actors at various levels; UN agencies; donors and other international organizations; international and local NGOs; and NGO coordination networks.
- Ensure that IRC remains a partner of choice for major international donors, and maintain a high level of understanding of donor priorities and planned funding streams.
- Ensure leadership and management processes enable the IRC to effectively adapt to contextual changes and realize opportunities to expand humanitarian assistance.
- Ensure that a humanitarian response plan or strategy action plan is up to date, aligns team members and stakeholders and is used to guide decision-making.
- Ensure program quality by promoting the use of: rigorous assessment, design, and proposal development and review processes; comprehensive monitoring & evaluation, accountability and learning systems; staff development investments; and capacity strengthening.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in international development, humanitarian assistance or related field. Equivalent experience also welcomed.
- 8 years’ experience leading complex humanitarian programs requiring extensive judgment and interpretation.
- Proven ability to provide leadership through direction, decision-making, coordination and communication with staff and stakeholders
- Proven ability to work with partners, peer agencies, local government and community leaders to work effectively towards a common and agreed upon result.
- Proven ability to evaluate and implement best practices and processes affecting multiple technical specialties to achieve rapid, consistent and high-quality outcomes.
- Experience developing, resourcing & leading complex projects with multiple technical specialties.
- Fluency in English & Excellent oral, written and computer skills
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Project Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs