IWMI Regional Finance and Administration Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. IWMI South Africa looking for “Regional Finance and Administration Officer“. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 15th March 2023.
IWMI’s forward looking strategy for 2019-2023 responds directly to the demand for innovative, scientifically tested water management solutions for sustainable development. With offices in 13 countries and a global network of scientist operating in more than 30 countries, our research at field to basin and regional scales our strategy focuses on science for a transformative agenda.
The IWMI has published a job vacancy announcement on 28th February 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Key Performance Areas
- Understanding, application, and enforcement of donor financial procedures, regulations and reporting to ensure contractual compliance;
- Provide technical oversight on areas of financial accounting, reporting and financial planning of the entire organization, including Country Water Partnerships (CWP) to ensure GWPSA’s financial systems are aligned with the established policies and procedures and provides accountability to donors whilst implementing GWPSA’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards
- Establish and promote sound financial controls in the areas of financial processing and reporting across GWPSA and ensure compliance with the financial regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide sound guidance and technical oversight to finance staff including those from CWP to promote awareness and learning of sound accounting practices
- Contribute to the development and operationalization of finance policies and procedures that allows the Program Managers to promote sound financial management whilst implementing their programs.
- Lead on Microsoft Dynamix 365 Business Central
- Provide support in HR management and processes
- An appropriate university degree or equivalent professional qualification in financial accounting and management,
- Computer literacy in financial accounting software and ERP systems and spreadsheets, and use of internet and online communication tools
- Excellent knowledge of relevant International Organization administrative and operating protocols and policies;
- An understanding of natural resources management and development issues in Africa with a focus om SADC
- Must have a very good service approach and service management; very good personal organization and priority setting as well as meeting deadlines; excellent skills in leading and managing people and takes accountability for his service.
- Teamwork skills: the officer must be able to maintain a positive, co-operative relationship with Partners, clients and with the members of the different GWPSA governance structures (GWPSA SC, RTEC and Secretariat and CWPs) and have demonstrated a willingness to assist others in time of need; contributes to team and Partners; reliable and has the capacity to both deliver and receive criticism constructively, and provides effective feedback. Effective and transparent approach to sharing information
- Interpersonal skills and communication: the officer requires skills of applying tact and courtesy and must be fluent, succinct and clear in communication – ensuring no misunderstanding
- Ability to deal with discretion on sensitive issues and to respond positively to Maintaining all confidentiality at all cost.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and to take direction from others where
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Flexibility in fast paced environment of ambiguity, rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines; and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- A willingness to work nonstandard hours and/or occasional weekends
- Be willing to travel internationally – when necessary
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IWMI Regional Finance and Administration Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/internationa………
The Closing Date: 15th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.