IWMI Researcher Jobs 2024 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
IWMI South Africa looking for “Researcher”.
Applicants with a PhD may apply on or before 04th January 2024.
IWMI’s forward looking strategy for 2019-2024 responds directly to the demand for innovative, scientifically tested water management solutions for sustainable development. With offices in 13 countries and a global network of scientist operating in more than 30 countries, our research at field to basin and regional scales our strategy focuses on science for a transformative agenda.
The IWMI has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Researcher to be based in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities
CSA Innovation Scaling and Business Acceleration Research
- Conduct research activities, including field data collection, literature synthesis, and interviews focusing on scaling climate-smart agriculture practices.
- Analyze supply chains and financing to enhance access to CSA practices/technologies.
- Collaborate on business acceleration activities linking CGIAR innovation with private sector capacity.
- Analyze the scaling ecosystem, identify enabling environments, and address blocking mechanisms.
- Develop and apply analytical frameworks for impact assessment using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Identify and develop partnerships and policies for scaling CSA innovations.
- Coordinate technical assistance from CGIAR researchers to various stakeholders.
- Design and implement innovation/acceleration grants in a multi-sector environment.
- Facilitate dialogues with public and private sector actors.
- Manage the development and dissemination of communication to stakeholders.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- PhD in agronomy, innovation systems, inclusive finance, ICT4development, or related fields coupled with 3 years of experience; OR Master’s in the aforementioned or related discipline with 5-7 years of experience in scaling climate-smart agricultural innovation in East and Southern Africa.
- Extensive experience in stakeholder engagement, qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Excellent track record of peer-reviewed publications and dissemination of research findings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Research skills in agricultural innovation scaling, social inclusion, and value chain in East and Southern Africa.
- Strong multi-stakeholder partnership facilitation skills.
- Ability to apply technical, economic, and institutional theories critically.
- Collaborative work ethic with both academic and non-academic stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English, including effective listening and strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Communication skills in local languages of East and Southern Africa.
- Experience in impact investing, strategy consulting, or social entrepreneurship.
- Background in innovation scaling in fragile and conflict-affected settings.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IWMI Researcher Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/international………
The Closing Date: 04th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.