JSI Strategic Information Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. JSI Zambia looking for “Strategic Information Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Diploma Degree may apply on or before 17th April 2023.
JSI has been working to strengthen health services and systems in Zambia since the mid-1980s. JSI is the Government of Zambia’s lead partner in strengthening supply chain systems for HIV-related health commodities. In 2019, JSI-led HIV projects in Zambia supported testing of over 1.5 million people for HIV and identified 95,000 people living with HIV. Through the support of JSI-managed projects in Zambia, over 300,000 people are receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART). For HIV prevention, JSI-led projects circumcised over 130,000 men and enrolled almost 15,000 individuals on PrEP.
The JSI has published a job vacancy announcement on 5th April 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Strategic Information Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
JSI Job Vacancy 2023
- Perform data entry of client records in the Electronic Health Record System (SmartCare) for HIV-positive patients at health facilities offering ART and general clinical care services and ensure that SmartCare is up to date daily in ART sites;
- Ensure all the ART EVENTS are reflective of the ART EVENTS register on a daily basis; and
- Ensure all RMNCH & Family Planning indicators are recorded correctly in standard registers at facility level and in data collection tool.
- Ensure that all RMNCH/FP Deliverables required to be generated and submitted routinely are submitted to the SNR SI Advisor on time (i.e. DMPA forms);
- Ensure that all SmartCare Deliverables required to be generated and submitted routinely such as Transport Databases and SmartCare MER reports are submitted to the Snr SI Advisor on time;
- Ensure routine reports required at facility are generated timely and consistently such as (i.e. client appointments and clients due for viral reports.); and
- Assist the Team lead on site with monthly reports in terms of verification of data from across different departments at the facility.
- Verify all reports before submission to the SI Senior Advisor;
- Ensure HMIS reports are verified and reconciled for indicators required by MoH;
- Monitor and keep track of performance indicators such as clients due for clinical, Pharmacy and Viral load visits;
- Ensure that client files are well organized at the facility;
- Ensure that routine File count is done at the facility;
- Work with the SI Senior Advisor to ensure that the SmartCare System is up to date and fully functional; and assist in upgrading when requested for;
- Travel across assigned facilities within the Hub, as requested;
- Prepare and participate in facility and Hub review meetings;
- Ensure that parallel reporting systems are well updated by working in collaboration Technical leads;
- In collaboration with the Counsellor supervisor, ensure that all registers are up to date and ready for data collection. Ensure that all CHWs have updated all of their activities in all necessary registers in preparation for data collection;
- Ensure data is accurately updated in the project database and copies of collected data are shared with facility in-charge;
- Review the process for data collection and contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and improvement ideas;
- Submit completed reports to the supervisor and discuss developments as per schedule; and
- Any other tasks or responsibilities, as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Strategic Information Specialist
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
- Posting Date: 04/01/2023
- Deadline Date: 04/17/2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in social sciences, statistics, computer science, monitoring and evaluation, project management, public health, management information systems, or related health informatics. A degree is an advantage;
- 2+ years’ experience in related research, specifically collecting survey data preferred;
How to Apply JSI Strategic Information Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.jsi.com/JSIInternet/Careers/jobdescription.cfm?id=147752
The Closing Date: 17th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.