ILO Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
ILO Zambia looking for “Senior Finance Assistant”.
Applicants with a Secondary School Education may apply on or before 04th January, 2024.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
ILO Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 09th December, 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Finance Assistant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
ILO Job Vacancy 2024
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake and complete a range of specialized finance support functions and services. Initiate, process, review and follow up on administrative actions, including verifying that information and documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
- Perform targeted analytical reviews and trend analysis of specific types of activities including extra-budgetary projects, ensuring proper authorization and complete supporting documentation, and check for fraudulent documents and transactions. Contribute to the preparation of financial analytical reports.
- Serve as a certifying officer for the Office as necessary.
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliation and follow up on outstanding issues including contacting banks to clarify issues on account statements.
- Review, correct and maintain a variety of financial, budget and other accounting records and documents to ensure that transactions are matched and completed. Maintain, monitor and reconcile budget data, including for overtime, salary deductions and other payments.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required. Prepare year-end closure of accounts in compliance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Review and analyse financial transactions performed by the concerned office(s) and ensure their overall compliance with applicable standards. Keep management informed of the internal control of financial and administrative activities and propose action as required.
- Conduct review of accounts and analyse information from multiple sources for financial status, implementation and monitoring reports, activities and projects. Follow up on VAT claims and outstanding claims on advances and closing of suspense accounts.
- Monitor and provide information on the utilization of resources for donor and other funding counterpart reporting.
- Assist in the follow-up on internal audit recommendations, draft responses to external audit inquiries and observations, for the consideration of the supervisor.
- Keep abreast of changes to financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and other developments and provide guidance and deliver training to staff with the view to building knowledge. Oversee and guide the work of support staff performing finance-related work as required.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to work methods and processes with a view to ensuring optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Liaise closely with other administrative areas to ensure effective and smooth service design and delivery, recommending improvements on interrelated processes.
- Support DC projects with preparation of solicitation documents for procurement of goods and services. Assist in ongoing review records and information to determine if procurement processes and procedures are effectively followed.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Senior Finance Assistant
- Grade: G6
- Publication date: 5 December 2023
- Application deadline (midnight local time): 4 January 2024
- Vacancy no.: RB/LUSAKA/GS/2023/17
- Job ID: 11454
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: CO-Lusaka
- Location: Lusaka
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Completion of secondary school education. Training in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of six years of operational or administrative support work experience, the majority of which in the provision of financial operations support services.
- Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in particular finance modules.
- Experience in within the UN system or International NGOs is a strong advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply ILO Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 04th January, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.