SNV Contracting and Procurement Officer Jobs 2024 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
SNV Zambia looking for ” Contracting and Procurement Officer “.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 02nd February, 2024.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January, 2024 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Contracting and Procurement Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
SNV Job Vacancy 2024
- Conducting procurements, identifying preferred suppliers, and demonstrating value for money.
- Process and complete procurement requests in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
- Developing and implementing yearly procurement plans for projects as assigned to him/her.
- Developing, managing, and overseeing relationships with service providers and suppliers
- Drafting contracts with suppliers.
- Tracking contracts with service providers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Ensuring a monitoring system is in place for procurement to ensure all service provision is transparent and quality controlled, and ensure the program continuously obtains best price and value for money.
- Actively participate in the execution of strong inventory management practices in procurement stores – including data management, best practices etc.
- Developing best practices for mitigating risk through enhanced quality assurance mechanisms for procurement material.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Contracting and Procurement Officer
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- Type: Contract
- Contract type: National employment contract
- Deadline: 02/02/2024
- University degree in Procurement, Business Management, purchasing and supply, or other supply chain management related field or related field, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Valid membership and certification from CIPS (UK) and or the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Solid and demonstratable knowledge of contracting and procurement and reliable in analytical judgments.
- Minimum 4 years working in a Procurement Officer role related to donor funded development projects.
How to Apply SNV Contracting and Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 02nd February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.