UN Habitat INTERN – Solid Wast Management and Zero Waste Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “INTERN – Solid Wast Management and Zero Waste”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 24 May 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat INTERN – Solid Wast Management and Zero Waste Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of INTERN – Solid Wast Management and Zero Waste to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Urban Basic Services Section, the intern will:
- Support efforts to document zero waste good practices and sustainable waste management initiatives in urban areas and contribute to the achievement of zero waste targets.
- Support the UN-Habitat/UNEP task team working on zero waste with conducting research, preparing flyers, contributing to the outline of Op-Eds, preparing events, etc.
- Conduct research for backgrounders and information materials in preparation for the Advisory Board meetings on Zero Waste; Undertake other assignments as required for the development and implementation of the work programme of the Urban Basic Services Section.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Knowledge of the International Day of Zero Waste, raising awareness about waste reduction and promoting sustainable practices is desirable.
- Experience in conducting research and preparing reports on Solid Waste Management and Zero Waste Initiatives is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat INTERN – Solid Wast Management and Zero Waste Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.