FAO Soil Information Specialist Jobs 2024 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
FAO Zambia looking for ” Soil Information Specialist “.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 24th February, 2024.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th February, 2024 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Soil Information Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2024
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Soil Information Specialist will undertake the following tasks on the assigned project;
- Supervise data collection, systematization and harmonization of soil maps and legacy data (in coordination with existing institutions and initiatives in Zambia).
- Support the design and supervision of soil surveys and sampling at the national level, using advanced soil survey techniques and methodologies, to generate high-quality soil data and associated metadata, through rigorous quality control and quality assurance measures and in collaboration with the soil laboratory experts
- Supporting the development of digital soil maps, based on soil survey data, and integrating soil data into decision support tools and applications for farmers and local institutions
- Support the design and supervision of a soil monitoring system, including the selection of monitoring sites, to be implemented through the establishment of a national soil spectral library and estimation service
- Support capacity development in digital soil mapping and modeling
- Facilitate the organization of workshops on soil data with stakeholders and partners
- Liaise with the project team to ensure timely delivery of survey outputs, including data, maps, scripts, reports and training sessions
- Perform any other duties as assigned in the Representation.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Soil Information Specialist
- Job Posting: 09/Feb/2024
- Closure Date: 24/Feb/2024, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZAM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zambia-Lusaka
- Duration: 12 months [with possibility of ext.]
- Post Number: N/A
- University Degree in Agricultural/Soil Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science, or any related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in digital mapping and analysis.
- Working knowledge of English and the official language of the country.
How to Apply FAO Soil Information Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 24th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.