UN Habitat Local Expert in urban policy and planning Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Local Expert in urban policy and planning”. Applicants with a Masters Degree may apply on or before 20 May 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Local Expert in urban policy and planning to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the establishment of the steering committee chaired by the MATUAFTT;
- Facilitate the organization of island awareness-raising workshops (3) and consultations with local authorities: A participatory and inclusive approach of all social strata is necessary for sustainable development on the islands;
- Elaborate prospective policy options;
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with the Technical Steering Committee
- Participate in meetings with the whole project team.
- Develop the national urban planning and housing policy of the Union of Comoros as well as its action and implementation plan, in line with the objectives of the New Urban Agenda (NUA);
- Masters Degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the assignment in public policy development and analysis, urban planning, urban policy, engineering, architecture, urban geography, or any other related degree is required.
- A bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in urban policy and strategy development, economics, planning and urban legislation (at least 3 relevant references) is required.
- Professional experience in drafting completion reports with at least 3 relevant references in the field of urban policies and strategies is required.
- At least one experience in writing a completion report with a project related to urban policies and strategies is required. English language skills would be an asset or desirable.
The consultant must be able to read and write French fluently. A good command of English would be an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Local Expert in urban policy and planning Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Chief of Section Jobs
- UNEP Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNON Nurse Jobs
- UNON Engineer Jobs
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs
- UNDRR Risk data Expert Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Great Lakes Researcher Jobs
- IRC Budget and Operations Manager Jobs
- CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs