UNDP South Africa looking for “Coordination Specialist”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 31st January 2024.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Coordination Specialist to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international development, public administration, public policy, or other relevant social science field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience working with Inter-Agency coordination to advance GEWE, including gender mainstreaming in strategic planning processes;
- Previous international and country level experience with the United Nations, preferably on UN interagency coordination and reform – delivering as one or joint programming.
- Experience in engagement with gender equality and intersectionality issues including report writing, evaluative assessments and data compilation and analysis of relevance to broad accountability frameworks.
- Experience in coordinating and working with multiple stakeholders, Development partners, governments, and civil society, on gender and intersectionality issues including mainstreaming GEWE and LNOB.
- Previous experience of the UNCT-SWAP Gender Equality Scorecard a strong advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Coordination Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=115142
The Closing Date: 31st January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.