UNDP National Field Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNDP South Sudan looking for “National Field Officer“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 23rd March 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of National Field Officer to be based in Yambio, South Sudan.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and participate in rapid emergency needs assessments in various states; Analyse and prioritize assessments and recommendation; advocacy on humanitarian emergency situations; Follow up on assessment recommendations to ensure appropriate interventions are carried out in a timely manner; Assist the Head of Emergency Preparedness.
- Coordinate linkage within sectors and between agencies to facilitate emergency interventions; Establish and maintain strong working relationship with all humanitarian actors, the local communities, and the South Sudanese authorities; Take part in relevant coordination forums/mechanism.
- Support coordination of preparedness including hazard mapping of potential emergency situations; Support monitoring and pre-positioning of emergency response supply levels and highlight gaps in capacity to address emergencies; Support and provide input in state contingency planning process, including integration of national and state level preparedness and response plans.
- Ability to Interact/Liaise with Government, NGOs and local authorities to advocate and/or assist counterparts in the formulation, implementation and evaluation and emergency assistance.
- Maintain engagement with political and security monitoring and analysis as part of routine monitoring; Assist in the facilitation and drafting of training sessions in Emergency Preparedness and Reponses training
- Minimum of two years with master’s degree or four years with bachelor’s degree in social Sciences.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position with an international organization engaged in relief and development work in South Sudan
- Experience in conducting humanitarian assessments and in implementing humanitarian programs
- Experience with humanitarian coordination, preferably in leadership roles;
- Experience working with Government of South Sudan humanitarian counterparts and capacity building;
- Understanding of humanitarian operations and principles;
- Ability to communicate clearly with a demonstrated openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of actors under significant time and logistical constraints and deliver results;
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint), E-Mail programmes (Lotus Notes preferred or MS Outlook), Internet search machines and responsible virus free internet usage’
- Knowledge of handling GPS receivers and Thuraya phone will be an added advantage
- Job Identification: 9026
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP National Field Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 23rd March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.