UNDP Programme Support Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
UNDP South Africa looking for “Programme Support Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 22nd December 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Support Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Mission and objectives
As the United Nations lead agency on international development, UNDP works in 170 countries and territories to eradicate poverty and reduce inequality. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities, and to build resilience to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is a specialized agency of the United Nations dedicated to eradicating rural poverty in developing countries. The world faces massive economic, social and environmental challenges. In today’s globalized world, these problems cannot be solved by individual governments alone. IFAD’s Strategic Framework 2016-2025 sets out how we will work over the coming decade in order to play a crucial role in the inclusive and sustainable transformation of rural areas. It articulates our contribution to the 2030 Agenda, including the larger role IFAD will play in supporting countries to fulfil their priorities relative to the Agenda. The framework outlines that we will work in ways that are bigger, better and smarter: bigger, by mobilizing and leveraging substantially greater investment in rural areas; better, by strengthening the quality of countries’ rural development programmes; and smarter, by further sharpening our efficiency and delivering results in a more cost-effective way.
The Framework sets three strategic objectives:
- Increasing the productive capacity of poor rural people;
- Increasing their benefits from market participation;
- Strengthening the environmental sustainability and climate resilience of their economic activities.
Required education level:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering Rural Development and Social Sciences, Agriculture, Economics, Rural Finance, or similar relevant areas. Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- 3 years of experience in Project Management, Rural Development, Rural Finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Food security and Nutrition, Natural Resource Management and climate change in the private sector and or government offices or applied research with relevance to IFAD’s objectives.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Programme Support Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1741297604997376
The Closing Date: 22nd December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.