UNECA DOA/FMS Cleaner Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “DOA/FMS Cleaner“. Applicants with a degree in High School Degree may apply on or before 17th April 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of DOA/FMS Cleaner to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The post is located in the Facilities Management Section (FMS) Division of Administration (DoA), at the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)under the direct supervision of the Cleaning and Gardening Supervisor in Facilities Management Section (FMS), (UNECA), the IC Cleaning Staff is responsible for the following duties:
- Empty and clean waste basket and ashtrays, dust desk, shelves, furniture, telephone apparatus,
sweep wet moping, vacuuming and shampooing rug and carpet, dust mop, sweep wet mop, spray
- Keep restrooms clean and supply with paper, towels, soap and other items, keep clean waste
- Keep clean vertical blinds, vertical curtains, light switch, spot on furniture’s, partitions’ walls,
elevators’ walls, mirror and doors including windows, parking, exterior and fountains around
- Keep clean decorated and public area;
- Report on every incident and work requests for FMS (repairs) to the supervisor;
- Work will include individual tasks, assigned areas, and rotation of staff, reassignment or team
cleaning as scheduled by supervisor or assigned IC cleaning team leader;
- Report to Supervisor any defects observed as light fixtures, plumbing, hand-wash basins and the
like and report if malfunctioning is observed;
- Report on lost and found items to Team Leader and Security Officers on duty;
- Cleaning/sanding/surface preparation of equipment/facilities before painting cleaning during/after
- Assisting tradesmen with minor unskilled labor/assistance or similar activities to achieve successful
- Recycling, shredding, working with cleaning contractor/supervisor on special projects,
- Driving/operating cleaning/road cleaning/pressure washing machinery
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: DOA/FMS – Cleaner G2
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 11 April 2023 – 17 April 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-205663-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school completion is required.
- Minimum One Years Experience.
How to Apply UNECA DOA/FMS Cleaner Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=205663
The Closing Date: 17th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.