FAO Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
FAO Zambia programme looking for “Administrative Assistant”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 06th December, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th November, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Assistant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform operational functions relating to the procurement process, including the preparation of documents related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers, attendance at tender opening panel, draft simple amendments and/ or renewals to contracts and service orders under the guidance of the supervisor(s), applying in-depth knowledge of the procurement applications and regulations etc.
- Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures; approve transactions in the relevant systems up to a maximum amount as delegated.
- Ensure that procurement actions are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures; ensure timely information on the status of procurement activities and all related issues.
- Maintain and monitor database records related to procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, and contracts; coordinate collection of statistical information on procurement actions and ensure that information maintained in the relevant systems is accurate and updated.
- Prepare, review and analyze periodic monitoring reports making recommendations and taking action as instructed.
- Participate in meetings with suppliers.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the Service through training of staff and briefing of colleagues on the use of the Oracle Procurement Module and other IT applications utilized in the Procurement Service.
- Act as the Contracts Unit focal point for GRMS, UNGM and Intend.
- Review current processes and make recommendations.
- Process applications for vacancies, including preparing and maintaining case files for candidates, ensuring and monitoring the transfer of files of candidates between offices, arranging for interviews, preparing of interview reports, and entering data on candidates into the automated roster.
- Assist in the filling of posts, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
- Assist in the evaluation and screening of applications of candidates for positions.
- Maintain vacancy announcement files and track status of vacancy announcements.
- Prepare agenda and provides relevant documentation required for recruitment related meetings.
- Assist to arrange for successful entry on duty or deployment of personnel to assigned duty stations.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Administrative Assistant
- Job Posting: 21/Nov/2023
- Closure Date: 06/Dec/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZAM – FAO Representation in Zambia
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zambia-Lusaka
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
- University Degree in Human Resource Management, Procurement, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Minimum of four years relevant work experience in field implementation of project activities, project operations and support involving any of the following: HR, procurement, finance and administration
- Working knowledge of the English language
- A National of Zambia.
How to Apply FAO Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303559
The Closing Date: 06th December, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.