UNDP Human Resources Analyst Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
UNDP Zambia looking for “Human Resources Analyst”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before December 25, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on November 10, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Resources Analyst to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
- Ensure full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, and UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal controls; and analysis of supporting parameters, proper design and functioning of the HR management system and practices;
- Continuously analyze corporate HR strategies and policies, assess the impact of changes, and make recommendations on their implementation in the CO. Continuously research policy matters related to conditions of service, salaries, allowances, etc. Elaborate and introduce HR measurement indicators; and monitor and report on achievement of HR results;
- Advise management and personnel, as necessary, and keep management informed of new HR policies and practices and their implementation;
- Provide support in CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on HR management where needed in CO to supplement SOPs issued by GSSC/OHR. Control workflows in the HR Unit;
- Advocate for implementation, monitoring and compliance of HR policies and corporate programmes, including UNDP mandatory courses, gender, prevention of harassment, career development and knowledge management;
- Support the implementation, in coordination with Management and relevant units, of corporate targets, including gender indicators;
- Support the alignment of workforce/HR plan and business unit strategies and resource needs;
- Analyze and elaborate proposals for and implement a strategic approach to CO HR interventions including recruitment, proper use of contractual modalities, change management, workforce planning, position management, job classification, performance management, personnel needs and wellbeing, and career development, in line with the relevant policies, roles and procedures;
- Support the facilitation of staff-management relations in the office. Facilitate information to all personnel on access to corporate resources on grievance and support mechanisms;
- Organize and coordinate UNDP’s participation in inter-agency exercises and surveys, such as the comprehensive and interim local salary surveys, hardship, and place-to-place surveys, as applicable, in coordination with the direct supervisor and partner agencies;
- Coordinate the Country Office HR support to the UN-system;
- Support the elaboration and implementation, in coordination with the supervisor and Management, of HR strategy on audit recommendations;
- Analyze and advise on the risk management of Country Office HR activities to proactively manage and mitigate the risk.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Human Resources Analyst
- Job Identification: 15053
- Locations: Lusaka, Zambia
- Posting Date: 09/12/2023, 15:11
- Apply Before: 25/12/2023, 10:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NOB
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Practice Area: Management
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with master’s degree) or 4 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language is required.
How to Apply UNDP Human Resources Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 25, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.