UNHCR Assistant Representative – Programme Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Assistant Representative – Programme“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 15, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
UNHCR Assistant Representative – Programme Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on May 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Representative – Programme to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Assist the Representative in the overall management of UNHCR¿s programme activities within the country of assignment in an effective and efficient manner which supports the Organization¿s mandate.
- – Verify the standards of assistance for project activities at country level, ensuring consistency with UNHCR’s country strategy and policies, and their integration with protection functions.
- – Assist the Representative in developing contacts and networks with other government agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs to foster mutual cooperation and ensure that activities are coordinated and integrated to best effect.
- – Develop country-specific management tools for project monitoring and control; ensure the effective and efficient use of financial and material resources within the rules and procedures of UNHCR.
- – Manage personnel through regular performance appraisals, coaching, and assessments of staff training and development needs
- – Ensure that essential services for the general welfare of staff i.a. living and working conditions, health, education, recreation, etc. are in place. This includes the establishment of proper and efficient mechanisms to assist staff suffering from work-related pressure or post traumatic stress.
- – Play an active role in the Security Management Team (SMT) in the relevant country and the inter-agency security and contingency planning process; ensure that appropriate security measures and evacuation plans are in place to protect UNHCR staff; and that security guidelines and procedures as outlined by the Designated Offcial and UNDSS are complied with.
- – Report and provide recommendations/solutions to the Representative on political, socio-economic, and cultural developments that may effect the situation of refugees in the country.
- – Act as Officer-in-Charge in the absence of the Representative as required.
- – Set and enforce parameters, criteria and deadlines for the design, review and report of operations.
- – Clear the submission of the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as of funding submissions, appeals and report.
- – Negotiate implementing partner agreements.
- – Represent UNHCR in UN and other operations management and programmatic fora.
- – Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s global strategies, protocols and guidelines.
- – Approve recommendations and advice on the technical capacity required of UNHCR and its partners.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2317672
- 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- EX-Experience in international organization (United Nations or similar);
- EX-Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations;
- EX-HQs experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations;
- MG-5 years of managerial experience;
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Representative – Programme Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Asst-Representative—Prog_JR2317672?locationCountry=db69e6f2446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: May 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- TechnoServe Business Counsellor Jobs 2023
- TechnoServe Business Advisor Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Assistant GBV Officer Jobs 2023
- Bridges to Prosperity Surveyor Jobs 2023
- Bridges to Prosperity Senior Design Engineer Jobs 2023
- Self Help Africa Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- Self Help Africa Agribusiness Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Self Help Africa Driver Jobs 2023