UNFPA South Africa looking for “CSE and ASRHS linkages Specialist”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 18th January 2024.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of CSE and ASRHS linkages Specialist to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2024
Job Purpose: Since 2013, the SYP has built the capacity for CSE programming in the region; developing materials and resources, training programme staff, including training of trainers, and institutionalizing CSE in education systems. Likewise, significant attention has been paid to strengthening youth-friendly services provision through the health sector. In order to build stronger referral pathways and linkages between CSE and SRHR services, working in collaboration with the relevant Country Offices, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and the relevant ESARO units, the CSE and ASRHS linkages Specialist will provide technical assistance to the COs and stakeholders on sexuality education in and out of school and its links with youth-friendly health services with the particular scope of strengthening the referral mechanisms between the Education and the Health Sectors. She/He serves as the focal point for developing, managing, and strengthening partnerships with relevant stakeholders on specific areas of work within his/her portfolio. S/He will also provide strategic advice and ensure the appropriate design of integrated CSE/SBCC and YFHS interventions within the Country Offices (COs) Annual Work Plans.
- Advanced university degree in Social Science, Public Health, or other related disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant progressive professional experience in Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights programming with at least four years of professional experience in technical assistance and capacity-building support in linking Comprehensive Sexuality Education and Sexual Reproductive Health Services and Rights in Africa is required.
- Familiarity with the UN Common System at the field and international level is an asset
- Extensive experience in operations research in ASRHR, combined with applying behavioural economics is an added advantage
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills in English are required;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French is desirable.
- Job Identification: 15208
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA CSE and ASRHS linkages Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 18th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.