UNFPA South Africa looking for “Finance Analyst”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 20th January 2024.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Analyst to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2024
Job Purpose: The Finance Analyst will support the efficient and effective management of the financial resources of the 2gether 4 SRHR Programme, a Joint United Nations Regional Programme that aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health and well-being of all people in East and Southern Africa, applying the Secretary-General’s Principle of Mutual Recognition. S/he will deliver quality financial services internally to UNFPA, to the four participating UN agencies and stakeholders with whom the 2gether 4 SRHR Programme engages. Provide advice and guidance and ensure that the programme follows all relevant financial rules, guidelines, processes, and procedures as per the policies and procedures of UNFPA, the Standard Administrative Agreement governing the Joint Programme and the UN Secretary-General’s Principle of Mutual Recognition.
- Advanced University degree in Finance/ Accounting, Business, Public Administration or relevant field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years or more of progressive professional experience in accounting, finance, budget or administration.
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary principles and practices, budget development and financial administration of resources.
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods and the management of complex programmes is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is desirable.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate ERP/Peoplesoft systems.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages desirable.
- Job Identification: 15235
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Finance Analyst Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 20th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.