UNFPA Social Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Adviser Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
UNFPA South Africa looking for “Social Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Adviser”.
Applicants with a Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 29th December 2023.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Social Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Adviser to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: In line with the urgency for reinvigorated multilateralism in line with the UN Charter, the Regional Social Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Adviser position will support the regional office management to advance intergovernmental, inter-agency, and multilateral processes required for the delivery of the regional programme delivery and strategic positioning of the ICPD Agenda with continental and regional bodies. In particular, the position will ensure political landscape analysis is available on the shifts and impact of the political economy on achieving the ICPD Programme of Action, in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Africa Union Agenda 2063, and Frameworks of Regional Economic Communities. This will guide engagements of the regional leadership with relevant African institutions in collaboration with UNFPA West and Central Africa and Arab States regional offices covering Africa and the UNFPA Representation Office to the African Union and UN Economic Commission for Africa. Guided by the prevailing and evolving landscape of population dynamics, including sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights in the region, the Adviser will ensure UNFPA leverages opportunities and mitigates risks in a timely manner, while also learning from the continued impact of megatrends, multiple threats, geopolitics and polycrises on constrained policy and resource environments. As may be required, the position will also support the regional office management in its contributions to the UN Regional reform aimed at strengthening the value proposition of the UN to member states and regional institutions, including the African Union Commission and its organs, and Regional Economic Commissions.
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations; Political Economy, or other relevant fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant and increasingly responsible professional experience in social policy, intergovernmental, inter-agency, and multilateral affairs, of which 4 years is at the continental or regional level.
- Experience in the implementation of political scanning, policy research, and analysis of complex socioeconomic and human rights dimensions across humanitarian, development, and peace contexts is an asset.
- Experience with policy advisory support within intergovernmental processes and strong networking and negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the ICPD Programme of Action.
- Experience working with engaging civil society, including faith and religious organizations, traditional leaders, women, and youth-led social movements as it relates to the ICPD Programme of Action and the SDGs is desirable.
- Knowledge of international, continental, and regional development frameworks required to advance the ICPD Programme of Action, 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Africa Union Agenda 2063, and relevant regional frameworks of Regional Economic Commissions.
- Understanding gender transformative and human rights approaches will be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as proven experience in the substantive areas of the role.
- Demonstrable skills in strategic thinking, agile leadership, tact and diplomacy and Innovation will be desirable
- Field experience is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required and French is desirable to enable effective communication with English-speaking and French-speaking country coordination groups and local organizations.
- Level: P-5
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Social Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Adviser Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unfpa.org/jobs………
The Closing Date: 29th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.