UNFPA South Africa looking for “Technical Adviser”.
Applicants with a Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 29th December 2023.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Technical Adviser to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Under the overall leadership of the ESARO Regional Director and the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, the Technical Adviser works within an interdisciplinary team providing integrated programme and technical support to the region. S/he also liaises with other units at the HQ level, such as the Programme and Technical Divisions and the UNFPA Technical Network, ensuring the timeliness, adequacy, relevance, and quality of technical support to UNFPA operations.
- Advanced University Degree in Public health, medicine, sociology, HIV prevention work, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management, or other field directly related to the substantive areas of the role.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area, of which at least seven years are at the international level;
- Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work; and programme experience;
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Demonstrated ability to network within the academic and development community;
- Familiarity with management and monitoring tools is desirable;
- Familiarity with ICT/ERP is an asset;
- Field experience is strongly desirable.
- Strong written and spoken skills in English; French and/or Portuguese desirable.
- Level: P-5
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Technical Adviser Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unfpa.org/jobs………
The Closing Date: 29th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.