UNICEF Programme Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Programme Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 22 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of the position is to ensure disability inclusion is mainstreamed as an integral part of UNICEF’s programming and operations across all sectors at both regional and country level in the region. The position is accountable for implementing UNICEF’s Disability Inclusion Policy and Strategy (DIPAS) 2022-2030 through a regional action plan.
- UNICEF DIPAS roll out and implementation: manage and lead the implementation of DIPAS in ESAR by developing regional strategy and action plan Technical guidance on inclusive programming : Provide expert advice in ESARO to improve the disability inclusive programming in the region, integrating the rights of children with disabilities into programme and policy advocacy and formulation in all UNICEF Strategic Plan’s outcome areas, including in emergency contexts.
- Cross sectoral partnerships in support of children with disabilities : Liaise with disability related CSOs, donors, UN agencies and other strategic partner organizations to enhance coordination on inclusive programming at the country, sub-regional and regional level.
- Disability data and research on the situation of children with disabilities in UNICEF supported programming : Work closely with ESARO data specialists in Programme Planning and Monitoring Section, HQ Data and Analytics section, and HQ Disability Section to strengthen the understanding, generation and utilization of data and analysis around children with disabilities.
- Capacity building : Identify and/or develop training opportunities to support increased knowledge and understanding on inclusive programming with an emphasis on children with disabilities at the regional and country level.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in programme planning, management and working on issues of childhood disability.
- Strong technical experience of national, regional and global level work on disability issues, of programme planning and implementation, and of guiding monitoring and evaluation efforts in a development agency context is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.