United Nations Secretariat Editor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat Kenya looking for “Editor”. Applicants with a First level degree from a university may apply on or before 22 March 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Editor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Secretariat|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||First level degree from a university|
|Experience Required||At least two (2) years|
|Application Deadline||22 March 2023|
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
- Editing texts of a specialized or technical nature for accuracy, clarity, cohesion and conformity with United Nations standards, policy and practice.
- Consulting with author departments and carrying out research to clarify ambiguities and rectify errors.
- Providing authors or others submitting documentation with information on specific aspects of editorial policy and practice and assisting them in the preparation of manuscripts.
- Providing guidance to contractual editors and translators with a view to refining their skills and performance and assisting them in solving problems that require specialized knowledge, linguistic insight and political judgement.
- Acting as a report-writer at United Nations meetings held in Nairobi and elsewhere.
- Standing in for the Chief of the Unit on request and performing other administrative duties within the Unit that are assigned to her/him.
Qualification & Experience:
- A first level degree from a university or from an institution of equivalent status is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in editing is required.
- Experience editing within the United Nations or a comparable organization is desirable.
- Report-writing experience is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Editor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.