UNMISS Air Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Air Operations Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 29th July 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st July 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Air Operations Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position within the Aviation Section of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). The Air Operations Officer will be based in Juba and will report to the Chief Air Terminal Unit. Juba is classified as “E” category and a non-family duty station.
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Air Transportation/Aviation Management, Air Traffic Management, Aviation Safety Management, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, ICAO endorsed Inspectors training (Operations & Airworthiness) or graduation from an equivalent military educational establishment are required. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of education, professional training, certification in air transport operations, and two (2) additional years of work experience in air transport related occupation, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job – Specific Qualification:
- Technical aviation qualification such as commercial Pilot License, Air Traffic license, Flight Operations/dispatch License, maintenance engineer’s license or an equivalent military qualification are desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in air transport operations or aviation safety is required.
- Minimum three (3) years of managerial experience on a position directly related to the coordination of complex air transport operations in the international environment is required.
- Experience in the use of ICAO standards and recommended practices is desirable.
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- Experience in Contract and quality management is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Transportation-UNMISS-212246-R- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Air Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=212246
The Closing Date: 29th July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.