UNMISS Gender Affairs Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Gender Affairs Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 18th May 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th May 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Gender Affairs Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Gender Affairs Unit in the United Nations Mission in Southern Sudan (UNMISS), in Juba. The Gender Affairs Officer reports to the Chief of Gender Affairs Unit/Senior Gender Advisor.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in development studies, social studies in International Relations, Human Rights Law, Gender Studies, or in a related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible policy advice and programme management experience related to the promotion of gender equality particularly with UN or international organizations in conflict or post-conflict settings is required.
- Proven expertise for integrating gender perspectives into mainstream policies or programmes is required.
- Experience working in or in support of a field operation of the United Nations Common System or a comparable international organization is required.
- Experience working with civil society organizations, research institutions or non-governmental organizations is required
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Political Affairs-UNMISS-207311-R- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Gender Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=207311
The Closing Date: 18th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNMISS Movement Control Assistant Jobs 2023
- NRC Education Team Leader Jobs 2023
- Action Against Hunger Head of Finance Department Jobs 2023
- IOM SVN Project Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Finance Specialist Jobs 2023
- NRC Livelihood and Food Security Team Leader Jobs 2023
- NRC Livelihood and Food Security Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Area Programme Manager Jobs 2023