UNON Project Engineer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Project Engineer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 16 May 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Engineer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Design and Construction Section, the Engineer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, designs and submits for approval of the Chief, Design and Construction Section technical design drawings and specifications for projects.
- Conducts preliminary site investigations to obtain field data such as campus and city-wide power distribution and other data required for building site selection.
- Prepares design layout for smaller or less complex portions of buildings and facilities.
- Develops technical data regarding materials, sizes, dimensions, and quantities and costs to be incorporated in formal specifications. Reviews and approves weekly and monthly project reports from project design consultants and contractors.
- Liaises with other engineers and project specialists responsible for related specialized phases to arrive at mutually satisfactory approaches to problems by exchanging and comparing data.
- Conducts investigations to develop improved designs and construction techniques.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in engineering, architecture or related fields is required. A first-level university degree with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree in the specified fields of studies.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in engineering or related area related to large-scale construction or renovation projects is required.
- Experience related to Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and/or green building rating systems is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Project Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs