WFP Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 31, 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on May 17, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide a key supporting role to the EPR and Crisis Response focal point for the coordination, planning and response implementation of sudden-onset emergencies in Uganda, including EVD outbreak, refugee influx, natural disasters, or any other crises arising in the country and pertaining to SO1.
- Support the Head of EPRP to facilitate the implementation of Emergency Preparedness & Response (EPR) activities within the Uganda Country Office EPR Taskforce, including support to the operationalization of the four (4) EPR workstreams and of their respective action plans.
- Proactively identify opportunities for strengthening the CO’s overall EPR capacity and provide relevant recommendations to Crisis Response leadership.
- Support the roll out and implementation of Phase III of the GFA prioritization exercise. This includes, but not limited to, reviewing technical documents, organizing workshops, coordinating with UNHCR and OPM on specific aspects of prioritization, attend and facilitate inter-agency meetings when required.
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor and provide recommendations for improving the quality of the refugee response implementation, including support supervision by the Field Assistants and performance monitoring, such as reviewing daily reports of alerts and ensuring WFP attendance at national and sub-national coordination forums.
- Contribute to enhancing the CO’s Contingency Planning ahead of the December 2023 DRC Presidential Elections as well as South Sudan General elections in 2024.
- Support the operationalization of Anticipatory Action (AA) Plan / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in Karamoja and provide EPR support as required ahead of the Lean Season response.
- Provide transversal EPR support to Area Offices and other Units within the CO, including the development CONOPs and provision of EPR trainings
- Stimulate the CO’s efforts towards the integration of Early Warning systems throughout programmatic activities.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID 827209
- Posted 17/05/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – Kampala
- University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management Systems, Computer Science, communication or Journalism, Social Sciences, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Experiences for Entry Into The Role
At least five years or more of professional experience in Emergency Response Programme Coordination.
- In-depth knowledge of WFP processes, systems and EPRP requirements is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to external stakeholders and stakeholders within WFP.
- Strong understanding of food security concepts and principals with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques, and processes around emergency food assistance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw out the key messages.
- Capacity to produce high quality products when working under pressure and with competing deadlines.
How to Apply WFP Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=827209
The Closing Date: May 31, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Water Trust Planning Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Jobs 2023
- CWS Field Processing Supervisor Jobs 2023
- OXFAM Women Rights Coordinator Jobs 2023
- WVI Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2023
- WVI Child Protection Case worker Jobs 2023
- WVI Programme Accountant Jobs 2023
- WVI Child Sponsorship Systems Officer Jobs 2023
- WVI Learning and Organization Development Manager Jobs 2023
- Light for the World Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
- Light for the World Finance Officer Jobs 2023