IFC Senior Environmental and Social Specialist Jobs 2024 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
IFC South Africa looking for “Senior Environmental and Social Specialist”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 05th January 2024.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Environmental and Social Specialist to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Lead or contribute to assessment of E&S issues/risks in new investments and select advisory engagements in multiple sectors (including infrastructure, manufacturing, services and agribusiness).
- Lead or contribute to identification and development of risk mitigation measures and value-add solutions that support clients in addressing identified issues; advise on structuring, appropriate mitigation measures and contractual alignment of interest to address risks and impacts.
- Provide clear and responsive guidance to IFC investment teams on E&S risk management in project decision-making and processing in light of E&S risk issues, including clear communication to teams and management throughout the investment cycle.
- When leading E&S assessments, ensure effective and efficient use of staff, consultants, and resources, ensuring the timely completion of deliverables. Provide guidance and support to team members.
- Discuss and support formulation of E&S legal conditions for projects legal agreements.
- Proactively monitor portfolio clients and engage with clients and investment departments to achieve compliance. Clearly document and communicate any outstanding or emerging gaps between client performance and IFC requirements, and related risks to IFC.
- Support industry teams and clients in response to Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) and Independent Evaluation Group (IEG) requests, leading discussion with CAO and IEG officers.
- In coordination with industry and CEG advisory teams, build capacity with clients on issues related to E&S issues, including clients’ monitoring and evaluation of E&S activities and outcomes.
- Contribute to portfolio analysis to identify systemic issues and assess trends; or of policy nature and propose policy adjustments as needed.
- Contribute to regional supervision program reviews and periodic reports.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in sociology/social sciences, environmental management/engineering, economics or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience working on E&S due diligence in the international context, with strong preference for experience in the private sector working across different industry sectors.
- Experience working on E&S Policies and Standards. Experience with international financial institutions (IFI) and/or World Bank Group Standards preferred.
- Working experience in emerging markets, ideally in fragile and conflict environments.
- Willingness to travel regularly in emerging market countries.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from sometimes limited data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, organize and prioritize deliverables, and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely on complex environmental and social issues in spoken and written form, in a manner that can be understood by non-experts. Proficiency in English is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate well with a wide range of internal and external parties (including senior staff, management, IFC’s accountability mechanism and clients) and develop solutions in potentially tense or conflicting situations.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team, influence and negotiate point of view within teams.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- High personal integrity and emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters in a discreet and respectful manner. Diplomatic approach and calm under pressure.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFC Senior Environmental and Social Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/caree………
The Closing Date: 05th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.