WHO South Africa looking for “NPO – Hiv/Aids”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 03rd January 2024.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO NPO – Hiv/Aids Jobs 2024
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of NPO – Hiv/Aids to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
WHO Job Vacancy 2024
Description of Duties: Support the Health Sector, including the Ministry of Health in strengthening national capacity and building partnerships for the control of HIV/AIDS in the country; Act as focal person in the WHO Country Office to manage HIV related work through coordination with Health Sector (MOH) counterparts, donors and health partners in these areas; Provide technical support in the development of HIV/AIDS national strategic and operational plans in addition to, coordination, supervision of interventions related to their implementation, monitoring and evaluation at both national and subnational level; Provide technical support to improve integrated health information system, especially increased demand, generation and use of quality data/information related to HIV. Participate in resource mobilization and contribute to proposal development and implementation of, but not limited to, the Global Fund grants; Assist the Health Sector in ensuring the real-time monitoring of the epidemiological trends of HIV, in addition to the progress of the response; Provide technical support to recommend programme initiatives and priorities, including operational/implementation research, based on analysis of technical and policy problems identified during the programme implementation; Liaise with the government counterparts to facilitate and support adaptation and implementation of the national HIV programmes in line with the WHO normative guidance and international best practice; Ensure a mediating role of main actors involved in the health sector and advise the WHO Representative for policy dialogue aimed at addressing bottlenecks limiting progress of the response related to HIV. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisors.
- Essential: Medical degree or Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology or other related field
- Desirable: Post graduate training of Masters’ Degree in public health or epidemiology. specialized training in communicable diseases
- Essential: At least five years related experience in public health.
- Desirable: At least five years working with the Department of health, a reputable public health institution or a UN agency.
- Demonstrated innovative, analytical and problem- solving skills; statistical, monitoring and evaluation skills; ability to lead policy level dialogue, advocacy and partnerships on HIV-AIDS and the risk factors. Broad knowledge and understanding of HIV continuum of care, including country HIV response monitoring, and/or evaluation required. Good communication skills. Ability to harness partnerships and interact with health professionals at various levels. Demonstration of good writing skills and leadership qualities. Ability to establish effective networks and working relationships with people of different nationalities and cultural background Computer skills – Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data analysis, browsing and information searching on the internet.
- Grade: NO-C
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 YRS
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO NPO – Hiv/Aids Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection………
The Closing Date: 03rd January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.