WHO South Africa looking for “Procurement Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before February 12, 2024.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 22nd January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
WHO Job Vacancy 2024
Description Of Duties: Advises the head of the WHO country office for informed decision-making on procurement transactions;• Coordinates the preparation and submission of procurement plans by the various organizational groups of the budget center;• Prepares and monitors the implementation of the procurement plan ensuring that objectives and priorities are met and on track;• Evaluates requests from technical units and partners and advises on compliance with the Organization’s rules and regulations;• Administers procurement resources and ensures the consistent and efficient use of standard procurement procedures;• Maintains the database of pre-qualified and evaluated suppliers;• Maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics and contracting services for the office by using the Oracle system in gsm oracle and other purchasing tools, including business intelligence (BI), and providing reports, data and statistics;• Provides advice to unit/program managers and managers and staff on procurement, logistics and contractual services;• Ensures the smooth running of purchasing operations, including the ordering and delivery of goods and services;• Maintains regular contact with the Contracting and Procurement Unit (SPC) of the Regional Office and follows up on decisions taken by the Contract Review Board (CRC);• Tracks the shipment of ordered items with shipping companies and liaises with local authorities for tax exemption and timely customs clearance of goods;• Provides the secretariat of the local procurement committee;• Analyzes and/or evaluates supplier performance with other designated personnel; and • Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Essential: A first-level university degree in business administration, public administration, management or a related field
- Desirable: A postgraduate degree in business administration, public administration, management or a related field.
- Essential: At least one (1) year of experience, some of which in an international context, in the field of procurement and logistics services for a program. Experience in the use of corporate resource planning systems or similar software packages
- Strong purchasing and budgeting knowledge and skills.
- Concrete skills in the implementation of service operations and purchasing processes.
- Strong skills in the use of corporate resource planning systems or similar software packages.
- Strong computer skills in office applications, including Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Grade: NO-A
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 YRS
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careers………
The Closing Date: February 12, 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.