World Bank Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. World Bank Uganda looking for “Procurement Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 05, 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on May 22, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical fiduciary services on procurement activities and engage in policy dialogue to strengthen procurement systems in client countries.
- Supports clients in achieving value for money (VFM) in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
- Reviews technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement (in consultation with Legal and Policy departments as necessary) at all stages of the project cycle
- Understands relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
- Participates in missions and plays a key role in developing practical approaches to procurement while simultaneously dealing with difficult policy and operational issues.
- Prepares and/or comments on draft operational directives and policy papers; produces major/complex reports.
- Contributes to the Bank’s efforts in promoting procurement reform dialogue, working in close collaboration with Governance sector colleagues and in professionalizing the function of procurement. Makes significant contributions to the development of client country procurement systems, including supporting the assessment of systems, creating country capacity, influencing the design, reform and strengthening of institutional capacity within borrower entities and monitoring the reform initiatives in client countries
- Supports review of procurement cases subject to Accredited Practice Manager and Operations Policy Review Committee (OPRC) level reviews and prepares relevant memos.
- Supports borrowers on procurement complaints handling and effective contract implementation management
- Ensures the use of electronic tools, e.g., Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) to track exchanges with the clients and performance of key fiduciary metrics covering the operations portfolio, as well as the unit’s own work program deliverables.
- Designs and delivers capacity building workshops for Bank staff and borrowers.
Position in Organization:
- Job #: req22825
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Procurement
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Required Language(s): English
- Closing Date: 6/5/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in public procurement or Donor/MDB financed project procurement
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, such as VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc…
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- High levels of integrity.
- Excellent command of English.
- Knowledge on institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries.
- Good knowledge of concepts, principles and approaches to international procurement and of public procurement systems.
- Knowledge and working experience with design and implementation of e-Government Procurement Systems will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Fragility, Conflict and Violence Context to apply it in operations and analytical tasks
How to Apply World Bank Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=22825&site=1
The Closing Date: June 05, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO Finance Assistants Jobs 2023
- WHO Communication Officer Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps CARM Assistant Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps Program Manager Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps Agronomy and Market Systems Development Advisor Jobs 2023
- IGCP IT and Social Media Specialist Jobs 2023
- IGCP Customer Service Officer Jobs 2023